- Marc uses planned and improv comedy bits.
- He seriously plays 9.1 instruments of vocal, guitar with subharmonics, harmonica and a backpack drum kit consisting of Bass Drum, Snare, Hi-Hats, Crash & Splash Cymbals, and Hi-Hat Tambourine.
- His repertoire works with every age utilizing interactive sing-a-long bits.
- Using a motorized, self-powered wagon with 2,000 watts of sound allows great mobility through events and even communities.
Picture the opening of Mary Poppins with Dick Van Dyke as a One Man Band, except playing Classic Rock, Country and Pop songs most people know and love. Marc creates a “musical illusion” playing 9.1 instruments all attached to his body at once. All performances and videos are completely live, mistakes included. Marc is one of a few manually controlled, real One Man Band’s who can trick an ear into hearing a band performance from a solo musician.
Before deciding to become a real One Man Band (in March 2010) Marc made a living and life from performing music and entertaining for two decades performing solo or with groups, everywhere from street corners too, pubs, bars, restaurants, corporate events, casinos, theme parks as well as and private surprise, birthday, wedding, baby shower parties and more.
Marc’s mission is to define the term ‘One Man Band’ by refining his skills, perfecting his musical rigs, and becoming the most popular One Man Band in the world.
- Marc’s inspiration to be a real One Man Band (re)started in March 2010. In c1987 Marc day dreamed of being a One Man Band in Junior High.
- Drums are on revision 40.
- Drums weigh just over 34 pounds.
- Drums make 14 distinct sounds.
- All drums are custom built except the Splash Cymbal and Hi-Hat Tambourine.
- Performances are live, nothing is pre-recorded.
- Every drum has a mic or trigger and,
- Everything is mixed on a digital mixing board with EQ, Compression and more, just like a band.
- Currently, 6 wireless transmitters and receivers are used.
- Marc plays Godin Multiac Spectrum Guitars with a custom PolyBass SubHarmonic Synth installed.
- Up until 2017 Marc played Godin A6 Guitars through a DBX DriveRack utilizing the 160A SubHarmonic Synth effect.
The 9.1 instruments:
1 – Vocal
2 – Harmonica
3 – Guitar
3.1 – Sub-Guitar (the point one)
4 – Bass Drum
5 – Snare Drum
6 – Hi-Hat
7 – Crash Cymbal
8 – Splash Cymbal
9 – Hi-Hat Tambourine